Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Ice cream anyone?

You know, I enjoy summertime. I really do. But I really don't so much enjoy being so hot I don't want to do anything. Hot day today, can you tell? :)

Thankfully, though, that hot feeling of laziness was interupted by one of the best summertime sounds of all--You guessed it: The ice cream man (or in the case of OUR neighborhood, the ice cream lady). As soon as the sound filled the air, Emma and I ran from opposite rooms to each other: "Can you hear it? The ice cream man!!". We both frantically scrambled for spare change and ran outside--only to find the music was gone. *Sigh* We headed back into the house with our heads down, only to wait another ten minutes for her to head down our cul-de-sac. I must say, though, that it was totally worth the wait to see Emma jumping up and down at the end of our driveway when that truck came into view. When she looked back at me with that ecstatic look on her face, it all came back to me. I remember feeling exactly that way when I was younger.

So, after all of that, I take back my complaints of hot weather. I will take this ANY day.

No comments: